Pictures of the Women's March: A Collection

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Yesterday I marched with an estimated 80,000 people in the Women's March London, joined by hundred's of thousands of others in 70 countries around the globe. I find something simultaneously calming and empowering about peacefully marching against racism, sexism, homophobia, inequality, and religious intolerance. This is a collection of my favourite pictures from around the globe from the protests, I hope you enjoy and are inspired as well. 

My own photograph standing in Trafalgar Square 21 January 2017
My personal favourite sign I saw today. Photo Dan Kitwood / Getty Images

Proud to see this from my home state, Nashville TN. Photo Andrew Nelles/The Tennessean
Another beautiful shot from Tennessee. Photo T. Wilson. 

The amount of diversity and voices lifted up today is inspiring, change is for all. Source Unknown. 
This woman may be my hero, amazing. Source Unknown.

Some of the most hilarious and amazing signs out in full force. Source Unknown.

New York City, Source Unknown

Even protests in Antartica and I'm living for it. Photo @lindazunas 
I absolutely love seeing visibility for those with disabilities, let's work to normalise not stigmatise. Source Unknown. 

Source Unknown. 

One of my friends protesting in my hometown, her dance moves are contagious. Photo Paris Woodhull.


Build Bridges, Not Walls. Source Unknown.

Another bridge in London #BuildBridgesNotWalls. Source Unknown. 

One of my Internet friend's marching in her hometown. Photo @sophiamarsh. 

Brilliant throwback, I saw many of these signs out today. Source Unknown.

Source Unknown 

If you made it all the way to the end, I hope you enjoyed this collection. While it may seem that things are snowballing downhill fast, it's easy to see the passion and commitment of so many around the globe. We have work to do, and I don't know about you, but I'm ready to get to it. 



2 comments:

  1. "If you build a wall my generation will knock it down!" Wow such a powerful message :D And true too. Though hopefully Trump's hand can be kept off of that Executive Order pen as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme